I am a passionate advocate serving the needs of consumers throughout California's Central Valley. I specialize in consumer protection law, including auto fraud and lemon law, RV sales, motorcycle sales, and unlawful repossessions. I will fight for your rights, the right way. I am admitted to practice in all Courts of the State of California and in the United States District Court (Eastern District).
Under the recent mentorship of senior consumer protection attorney William M. Krieg, I gained the experience necessary to stand up to unscrupulous car dealers, apathetic manufacturers, and shady businesses. I learned from the best and continue Mr. Krieg’s legacy of fighting for consumers and striving to hold unscrupulous businesses accountable.
Prior to becoming an attorney, I worked as a software quality and compliance engineer, primarily in the medical device industry, ensuring the devices complied with strict regulations and safety standards mandated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
I interned as a legislative advocate for both local and state government and served as a mediator in juvenile justice matters. I handled pro bono landlord-tenant and housing matters at Central California Legal Services. Most recently, as an associate attorney at Kemnitzer, Barron & Krieg, I devoted my practice to representing consumer victims of deceptive business practices, lemon law disputes, auto fraud, debt collection and credit reporting violations as well as other unfair business practices.
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Protection Law
- Auto Fraud and Lemon Law
- Unlawful Repossessions
- Unfair, Deceptive and Unlawful Business Practices
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- San Joaquin College of Law, Fresno, California
- J.D. (high honors, 2nd in class) - 2009
- Honors: Best oral advocate & best brief finalist, Hopper Moot Court, 2007
- Honors: Recipient: Received numerous scholarships, including the California Bar Foundation's Public Interest and Rosenthal Bar Exam scholarships
- Honors: Recipient: Pete P. Peters and Leon S. Peters Leadership scholarships
- Honors: Recipient: Two-time recipient of the Fresno County Bar Association's Harry Zekian Memorial Scholarship
- Fresno Pacific University
- M.A. - 2008
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Conflict Resolution & Peacemaking
- University of San Francisco
- B.S. - 1989
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Computer Information Systems
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fresno County Bar Association, Member
- Fresno County Women Lawyer’s Association, Board Member, 2016-2017
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Fresno Women's Network, Past Member, Vice-chair, Scholarship Committee